Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What a difference a day makeshttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lNHD6_ExSMg/ScjJw9gRipI/AAAAAAAAABQ/cM9DKq0WcSE/s320/DSCF2456Copy.jpg
































Well today we head over to Eugene. I have not slept much despite all that has been given for me to sleep. The unknown can be such a deep dark whole.  I guess the PET scan is the part I am most nervous about, not the test, but the results. Also nervous about taking the high dose steroids tonight and tomorow morning, which only make sleep even harder.

It was kind of fun yesterday to come home with the cornbraids and try out all the hat I had to see what each looked like. Never really having been much of a hat person.

The infusion of chemo will last 5 hours, and at Gails suggestion, Ken has an IV bag of fluid in case I cannot keep anything own...for later on...... (personally I have plans to go to the steelhead brewing company for dinner on our way home from the treatment. 
Today I need to eat a low carb diet and very little exercize. I think it is basically because the radioactive tracer used is combined with glucose with the thought that glucose will preferentially go to rapidly dividing cells (ie cells needing more glucose) I guess if I had a high glucose level then the regular glucose would to into the cells and not the radioactive glucose, so test would be falsely positive. I guess if I had exercized a lot today then cells would be healing needing more glucose as well.

All and all I think one way or another over the next few days, I am going to feel a lot better, first of all knowing exactley where I stand with regards to the spread of the cancer cells, AND I will have a good idea of what to expect from chemo.

A few of us fine women yesterday, whilst getting my hair done, suggested that perhaps we have 
a pyjama parties on the nights Ken has to work soon after the chemo infusions., (Ken doesn't want me staying alone)
We can watch funny movies eat popcorn, ......and maybe not drink wine?
anyways GIRLS ONLY  :)


Love and peace
Janet






No comments:

Post a Comment