Thursday, September 16, 2010

family pictures


Things are starting to settle, yesterdays post was written several days earlier.
We have canned 8 quarts of dill pickles one of dill beans, I have harvested all of my black turtle beans and they are just sitting getting that last bit of drying before I put them away for a cold winter nights black bean soup (perhaps AFTER I have done my hyperbarics).
I have made zucchini cookies, zucchini muffins and zucchini loaves as well as a huge pan of zucchini lasagna. The whole summer it has been ME AGAINST THE ZUCCHINIS.... every now and then they started creeping up on me and starting to get ahead, then I went into a flurry of activity to use them all up, and this time having been gone 10 days I was REALLY behind. But last night I used up 4 very small zucchinis on our pizza and right now "I have no zucchinis" in other words, I am winning!!!!
I have 8 cups of applesauce in the fridge that ken has been nagging at me that we have to so something about, however I have just won over the zucchinis, I need a few days to figure out how to deal with the last of the apples. (we dried all the rest) Perhaps I will try apple leather.

I never expected it but I also now have a large crop of eggplants, they took forever to start to grow, those cute little eggplants, so that will be my next thing.
We have had pesto every day for ages, I made a huge batch of pesto and froze it before we left cutting the plants back quite aways. Well they are back with a vengeance. The other night I told ken, do you might if we have pesto AGAIN........
Oddly enough he went on to tell me this story about a guy (in texas of course) who had just killed his wife and family in a rage.... that apparently started when she served him cold eggs for breakfast(not sure if he was trying to tell me something) (OK no pesto tonite)
I am sure you are all wondering about the tomatoes. Well I have been keeping up with them as well, making tomato sauce, we have about 8 pints of tomato sauce, I just cooked the tomatoes up and then put them through this very cool strainer that came as an attachment with my mixmaster and then cook it down until half the liquid is gone.
This weeks tomatoes, I am going to make actual sauce with basil and peppers in it. I have a lot to do this week.

I am really liking having very small breasts. I remember years ago looking at other women in public places and felt that I was pretty much the smallest one out there. The other day at IKEA I was looking around and once again felt the same. However major difference, back then it bothered me being different from everyone else, and now I relish in it. I think my days of activism changed me. It was very hard to get used to being one of a very small number who were willing to speak out directly against the war (in 2003) It was very new to me to be holding views that were held by only a very small group of people(perhaps I had always been like that, but never put it to the test)
So rather than hide my flat chest, or make it look larger artificially, I plan to flaunt it, cuz its "unique" :)
While up in Canada we spent a week in Kamloops for a family reunion, before the surgery, so thought I would include some pictures from there
Pictures of my whole family, ie sisters, and parents, pictures of Dylan Sara( his girlfriend) and Josh, and well the other pictures...
What can I say,.... I went to a rodeo with a camera....... (Dylans girlfriend is into horses etc)

By for now
Love
Janet
jankenb @ gmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment